Eastern Heights Baptist Church (EHBC) was constituted a church on Sunday, July 22, 1956. The church was located on a two-acre tract of land with a six-room house and a building that had been formerly used as a chicken house that was converted into a sanctuary and four rooms.
In 1964 a $53,000.00 building was built to function as a new sanctuary with baptistry and offices. In the 1980s an education building was built on the property.
In 2011, Eastern Heights moved to its new location just a quarter-mile up the road. The building was designed in three phases. Phase One had a Gymnasium/Sanctuary, kitchen, and classrooms. The second phase with more education space was added in 2017.
Today, EHBC is a multi-used location, hosting worship services, Bible studies, community events, and training. It has also helped plant River Ridge Church in Utica, Indiana, and host service in both English and Spanish.
EHBC is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), the State Convention of Baptist in Indiana (SCBI), and the Southeastern Indiana Baptist Association (SEIBA)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.